I decided to share with you what my dinner is actually going to be for tonight. This is basically a single serve dish and there are a lot of changes you can make to make it your own. Also it can easily be altered to make more portions depending on how many people you are feeding.
I personally bought all the fresh ingredients including the chicken from the local produce store. If you live locally you can grab a paper copy of this recipe at Blue Mountain Produce starting tomorrow afternoon, to aid in your shopping.
Chicken Fried Rice
1 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast (See Note)
Butter or oil
1 – 2 Ounces Chopped Onion
¼ – ½ Ounce Finely Chopped Fresh Ginger
1 – 2 Ounces Green or Red Pepper
4 – 6 Quartered Mushrooms
Veggies of Choice (See Note)
¼ Cup Brown Rice Dry
1 Tablespoon/To Taste Toasted Sesame Oil
1 Tablespoon/To Taste Soy Sauce (Optional)
1 Beaten Egg (Optional)
- Cook rice according to package. I use my rice cooker.
- In a large sauté pan or wok melt the butter or heat the oil and cook the chicken until almost cooked through.
- Add and cook the onion, pepper, and ginger until soft.
- Stir in the mushrooms and any additional veggies of your choice.
- Once rice is cooked add to the pan and toss with the sesame oil and soy sauce.
- When fully combined pour in the beaten egg and cook until done.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Cube the chicken to help evenly distribute throughout dish.
- Pork Chop can be substituted for chicken
- The smaller the cube the better.
- Optional Veggies can be added as desired.
- Snap/Snow Peas, Bean Sprouts, Canned Baby Corn, Bamboo Shouts
- Any other veggies you wish
This is makes a large portion of a slightly healthier version of fried rice. I hope you all give this recipe a try and enjoy it. Would love to hear your thoughts on this and whether you liked it or not. As always if you have any thoughts, comments, or suggestions for future entries please feel free to leave it in the comments below
Check back next Friday/Saturday at 1500 or 3 PM for an all new original story.