So this week if everyone couldn’t tell I did a little procrastinating. Ok the truth is I could not think of what I wanted to write. Well that is not exactly true. I had some ideas but, was not able to get it down on paper or better yet on the computer. So that is that as they say.
Well this week I decided to do something a little different. For those of you that don’t know I have a background in the foodservice industry working as a chef. So for the first time I am going to share with everyone one of my personally created meals.
This can be a bright, vibrant and colorful dish when done right. It is a great hardy fall meal. So I hope everyone gives this a try and enjoys the great flavors.
Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes
3 Cups Al-Dente Whole Wheat or Regular Rotini Pasta
4 Sliced Apple Chicken Sausage Links
1 Cup Chopped Yellow Onion
1 Cup Chopped Green Pepper
2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
4 Tablespoons Sun Dried Tomatoes
1 Teaspoon Oregano
1 Teaspoon Basil
1 Tablespoon Parsley
Salt to Taste
Pepper to Taste
10 Ounces White Wine
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions, drain, and set aside.
- Over high heat place a large skillet and coat the bottom with the olive oil.
- Sauté the onions, peppers, and garlic in the heated pan until soften and lightly colored.
- Turn the Heat down to medium and then add the chicken sausage to the skillet and continue cooking until sausage starts to brown.
- Mix the pasta, oregano, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper into the skillet and continue to cook just until the pasta is heated.
- Mix the sun dried tomatoes into the pan and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the wine into the pan and toss to coat all ingredients.
- Continue to cook for apx. 5 minutes or until most of the wine is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
Yield = 4 Servings
Serving Size = Apx. 9 Ounces
I hope you all enjoyed. I would love to hear what everyone’s thoughts are. As always please like a follow to learn more about the page content.
So until next week, sit back and relax with a good book.